About The Conference
Pen to Animation Kids SciFi is a special initiative taken by ETmantra eLearning Solutions that will allow SciFi authors to publish their stories on a YouTube channel in form of a Video. This is how it will work:-
Stage 1: Story to Kindle Book
- Kids SciFi Authors will write a story.
- Story will be peer-reviewed to check if it falls under Kids SciFi and appropriate for kids.
- Top 30 Stories will be selected for presentation in the conference and these stories will be published as a ISBN book on amazon in kindle format.
- All presenters will get a certificate for story presentation in the conference.
- Authors of top 30 published stories will convert their stories into screen play.
- These screenplay will be reviewed by Animators if these can be animated.
- Each story will get a score.
- Top 15 Stories will be selected for animation in the conference.
- Stories animation will be created by animators and will be published on YouTube between Nov 2022 and Dec 2022.
List of Topic Areas:
BioTech, FinTech, EdTech, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Botany, Mycology, zoology, Social Sciences, Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Sociology, Anthropology.
Please feel free to submit a story from any other areas if its not listed above.
Registration Fees for Authors/Participants: 200/- INR
What will you get?
- Participants will be able to attend all the sessions and talks of conference.
- All registered authors and presenters will get the certificate of presentation for P2AKSciFi conference.
Story publication fees in book is 800/- INR
- Top 30 stories which are presented in the conference are eligible for publication in a ISBN Kindle book. If authors pay the publication fees their stories will be published in ISBN Kindle book.
Animation Publication Fees for the authors of Top 15 Selected Stories: 6000/- INR
- Authors of Top 15 selected stories has to pay the publication fees of INR 6000/-.
- The total animation publication cost of each story is 45000/- INR, ETmantra will bear the remaining publication fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if authors don't pay publication cost?
If authors don't pay the publication fees, they will still get the certificate of presentation in conference but their story will not be published in book/animation format based on which fees they are not paying.
Also, The chance for animation will be given to authors of Top 30 stories.
My story is not in Top 15? Can I still get my story animated.
Yes, you will get a chance to get your story published in animation format if these condition met:
- Authors of Top 15 stories is not paying for the publication of their story, and
- your story is in top 30 selected stories.
Is there a story format?
For stage 1:
- You have to submit the story in A4 size paper in 12pt font maximum 5 pages with 1 inch margin all sides.
For stage 2:
- Story should be converted in ScreenPlay format.
- All dialogues combined can not be more than 900 words.
- There should not be more than 5 active characters in the story. A character is an active character if it has dialogues.
- You can copy this google spreadsheet to write your screenplay.
Will Authors get credit in final video?
Yes, Authors name will appear at the end of the video and in book with respective story. Appropriate credits will be given to all authors and copyright of the story will be with authors only.
Rubric for Stage 1
Stories will be blind reviewed by peers and checked for plagiarism. Maximum 10% plagiarism is acceptable. Only Top 30 stories will be selected for publication after peer review.
Rubric for Stage 2
All Scripts will be reviewed for these parameters:-
- Number of characters/actors used in the story (5 points): For every character/actor 2 points will be deducted. Story with more than 5 character/actor will be rejected.
- Number of stage used in the story (5 points): For every new stage 2 points will be deducted. Story with more than 5 stages will be rejected.
- Dialogue word count (10 points): Total word count of all dialogues of the story shall be maximum 900 words. 1 point will be deducted for each 100 words. Story with dialogue word count more than 900 will be rejected.
Story that qualifies for above 3 rubric parameters will be sent for peer review.
- Peer Review (5 points): Two Peers will review if the submitted story is a SciFi story and appropriate for kids.
Story selected through peer review process are eligible for presentation in conference. At this step, SciFi writers can decide to register for the conference.
Now selected story will be reviewed for eligibility of animation.
- Voice Over Possible (1 point): Voice over artists will check if voice over is possible for the story or not (in some cases where a hypothetical language is used than SciFi authors need to write its pronunciation in English, so that voice over artist can give voice over for the same).
- Animation possible (1 point): Team of animators will check the story to identify if 2D animation is possible for the story. Usually all animations are possible but its advised to authors that they use the “Action / Situation / Event / Visual Cue for Animator” column of story format to guide animators so that they can judge the story in a better way.
- Estimate time of animation (5 point): Animators will calculate the time required to animate a story. A story that require less time for animation will get higher points.
- Background Score (1 point): Music director will check if its possible to give background score to the story.
At this stage, authors can decide if they want their stories to be animated or not. If an author decides to animate the story they can pay the publication fees of INR 6000/-.
Story will be submitted for animation pipeline once publication fees is paid by author(s).
September 10, 2022
Abstract Submission Deadline
Write and submit 250 words abstract to define your Kids SciFi.
September 13, 2022
Abstract Acceptance Deadline
You will receive acceptance/rejection email about your abstract.
September 17, 2022
ScreenPlay Submission Deadline
Submit complete ScreenPlay of your Kids SciFi in the form of:
character (emotion): dialogues — Action
September 22, 2022
ScreenPlay Acceptance Deadline
You will receive acceptance/rejection email about your screenplay.
September 23 2022
All authors and participants has to pay the registration fees of Rs. 200 before 23 Sep 2022.
September 24-25, 2022
Conference will be held online where selected stories will be presented by authors.
September 28, 2022
Announcement for Top 15 Stories
Selected Top 15 stories will be declared. These selected stories can be converted to Animation.
November 01 - December 31
Top 15 selected stories will be converted to animation and will be published on ETmantra managed YouTube channel.
Assistant Director, Fisheries
Department of Fisheries
Assistant Professor - NIIT University
A Few Words
About The Event Organizer
This conference is being organized by ETmantra eLearning Solutions pvt ltd. ETmantra is involved on story based animated videos since it’s inception.
ETmantra has worked on more than 400 scripts, stories and animated videos since 2016. Our first educational animated video is also featured on Vyond website. You can check that video here.
ETmantra has worked on illustration based educational content to teach English language to kids. These videos can be found on CALP training YouTube channel.
In our recent project, we tried to work less on academic teaching and more on moral teaching with the help of stories. One of the video from that project can be found here.
While working on all of these content we found that it takes a lot of efforts to convert a story to animation. Main objective of this conference is to let fiction writers experience the whole process.